The Name of the Game (2018)

wyldb3rry

Hello,

I would very much like to request the download link for this documentary: The Name of the Game (2018).

It seems as if this film has been purged from all streaming services and torrent sites. I have no proof, but I feel that Sony (PlayStation) no longer wants this documentary out for the public to see now that they’ve acquired this dev team (Housemarque). It reveals a little too much about how PlayStation treats indie developers.

PlayStation acquired them for a ton of money after the release of their PS5 exclusive, Returnal, so one of the conditions was most likely to remove the film from all digital platforms. Just my theory.

Anyway. I’m a big video game industry fan and I would love to add this to my collection of video game documentaries. Your site is the only place I’ve been able to track it down. I would greatly appreciate the link!

Cheers!

P.S. If any of you in this community wants a peek behind the curtain to see what it’s like to be an indie developer working with PlayStation, this is a good documentary to watch. There is no other behind-the-scenes film like this that involves PlayStation. They're very private.

P.S.S. If you're a gamer and you haven’t played any Housemarque games, you’re f*cking up! You need to play them–especially the game featured in this film!

Attachments

• Welcome_Housemarque_210628_scaled.jpeg
    Welcome_Housemarque_210628_scaled.jpeg
    204.2 KB · Views: 0
  • nex-machina.jpeg
    nex-machina.jpeg
    100.3 KB · Views: 0

wyldb3rry

Oh…I see in your pic that there’s an option to download the video, but that download icon doesn’t show up for me.

Can you send me the download link?

wyldb3rry

Am I doing something wrong? Why does the download icon show up for you, but not for me?? Please advise!

If anyone else in the community could download and send it to me, I’d truly appreciate it! Just message me!

wyldb3rry

I tried. I get this error before I even get a chance to press the download button.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-10-31 at 10.02.45 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-10-31 at 10.02.45 AM.png
    74.7 KB · Views: 0

wyldb3rry

This download isn’t working. Have you tried it on your end? Like, actually download it? It won’t let me do it, even with the #F server.

wyldb3rry

Thanks for sharing the Google Drive link. But if you see my reply on Oct. 31st and look at the screenshot that I attached, you’ll see what the issue is. I’ll press play, the movie buffers for two seconds and then I get that error message before I get a chance to click the download button. Every time. I can’t download like how you’re suggesting because I keep getting that error.

Can you try downloading this movie and tell me if it’s working for you on your end? Don’t try it with a different movie. Try this one.

wyldb3rry

Somehow, today, I was able to get through to this page (see screen shot). So I right-clicked and dowloaded the quality I wanted and I got a folder with a bunch of jpg and png files in it. There is no mp4 or movie file. I’m stumped. I don’t know why this isn’t working.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-11-11 at 12.36.16 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-11-11 at 12.36.16 PM.png
    52.1 KB · Views: 1
  • Screen Shot 2022-11-11 at 12.41.43 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-11-11 at 12.41.43 PM.png
    161.3 KB · Views: 1